Location: US, WI, WaukeshaApply Now
The Electronic Technician role is primarily responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction with Tableau products by resolving complex issues that have been escalated from the front-line Customer Support team. This involves development of an in-depth understanding of our products’ underlying hardware and software sub-systems and how our customers use each of the products in our portfolio. This role is also responsible for the overall process of handling product field returns, including process/tool ownership and debug/repair of returned products, as well as assessment and resolution of production failures. Additionally, the person in this role is expected to work closely with the Product Development Quality Assurance team to ensure cross-functional awareness of customer and product issues.
This full-time position will be located at the OpenText Tableau facility in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
You are great at:
• Work with front-line Customer Support personnel on complex customer issues that require escalation and advanced knowledge and debug techniques to solve. Communicating directly with end customers will occasionally be required.
• Own the handling of all customer-returned products from receipt to resolution. This includes RMA process adherence/oversight/improvement and debug, repair, and test of faulty product returned from customers.
• Analyze product return trends and root causes and work with the Product Development and Manufacturing teams to improve the design and/or manufacture of our products to continuously improve the Tableau product customer experience.
• Work closely with the Quality Control team to assess and resolve production test failures.
• Work closely with the Quality Assurance team to ensure cross-functional awareness of customer reported issues.
• Actively participate in design reviews to help ensure past issues do not make it into future product designs.
What it takes:
• Electrical engineering or electronic technician degree from an accredited college/university or related field or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 2 + years of pertinent job experience as an electronic technician in the embedded electronics industry.
• Strong and demonstrable ability to analyze critical problems with embedded electronic systems and efficiently determine their root cause.
• The ability to read electronic schematics and use electronic test and measurement equipment, such as digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers, to efficiently debug and fix issues.
• Proven ability to communicate openly and effectively with a wide range of people in different roles and at all levels within the organization, both in writing and verbally. This includes the ability to develop strong, positive, and productive inter-personal relationships with internal and external parties. We use respectfully direct communications in our day-to-day workplace interactions and expect all our job candidates to do the same.
• The ability to work independently in an efficient and effective manner.
• Basic computer skills (setup/configuration/maintenance of PC systems, common Microsoft Office programs, etc.).
• Seven or more years of pertinent job experience as an electronic technician in the embedded electronics industry.
• Experience with common digital media/storage technologies and interfaces, such as USB, PCIe, FireWire, SAS, and SATA.
• Electronic product development experience (mechanical, circuit, and/or PCB design using industry standard CAD tools).
• Experience in a technical customer support role with direct ownership of customer interactions and customer satisfaction.
• Awareness of or experience with product development processes, including quality management system documentation.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.