Function: Technical Support
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
Open Text/GXS is seeking a Technical Support Specialist. Technical Support Specialist is an intermediate Level 2/3 technical support position. TSS’s are responsible for numerous B2B (business to business) functions such as production monitoring of data, error analysis, client correspondences (both electronic and phone) as well as deep dive investigation of issues stemming from production failures.
Must possess moderately strong analysis & troubleshooting skills, excellent communication skills are required, both written and verbal. Experience in a rapid pace environment with willingness to undertake new challenges.
You are great at:
* Providing high quality technical support, effectively analyzing issues, providing issue resolution, and customer notification.
* Actively participates in self-improvement, process, and technology training programs.
* Continually strives to expand comprehension of troubleshooting methodologies
* Work cross-functionally within the organization, in a team environment, to deliver quality, satisfaction, and resolutions to the customers
* Submit and provide new content to knowledge base
* Manage Customer Accounts as requested
* Participate in documentation and product review
* May provide technical leadership and training for new and existing products within technical area
* Perform other/additional duties and projects that may be periodically assigned.
* Potential on-call rotation
* Potential Weekend work
What it takes:
* Possesses extensive knowledge in UNIX/Linux.
* Possesses knowledge in Communication protocols (FTP, SFTP, AS2, HTTPS)
* Possess technical background in related field
* Ability to multitask and coordinate with internal resources during major incidents and/or high severity situations
* Associate or Bachelor Degree in Technical related field or Industry equivalent experience (preferred)
* Must have experience in fast paced support environment
* Must possess superb written and verbal skills
* Position requires start time beginning at 8:30 am - 5:00pm EST Mon - Friday.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.