Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Global Sourcing and Procurement team helps maximize value from OpenText’s vendor relationships and ensures our business unit stakeholders have the goods and services they need to succeed. You will act as a Sourcing Analyst and help deliver projects in all aspects of the sourcing process, from category assessment, cost savings opportunities, vendor due diligence, RFx process, contract negotiations, and vendor management. You will act as a change agent as part of our broader Sourcing & Procurement Transformation initiative and collaborate closely with various business partners across the stakeholder groups for their Sourcing needs. The successful candidate will also provide support to both the Global Travel and Corporate Card programs.
You are great at:
• Maintaining a good understanding of sourcing, procurement and accounts payable policies, strategies, best practices
• Working closely with internal stakeholders to supporting sourcing initiatives, including and not limited to the planning & execution of the RFx process, and contract negotiations.
• Supporting ad-hoc data analysis and driving continuous improvement within the Sourcing & Procurement Organization.
• Maintaining communications, education/ training initiatives and material for global stakeholders for OpenText’s Sourcing and Travel programs.
• Benchmarking and identifying key industry trends, which impact Corporate and Professional categories (i.e. HR, Travel) categories and/or other products/services as assigned.
• Monitoring and reporting program policy compliance, tracking non-compliant issues and mitigations/resolution
What it takes:
• Minimum 2-3 years of Strategic Sourcing and Category Management experience. Previous travel and corporate card program administration an asset
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
• Creative problem solver
• Ability to work efficiently, manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Customer service focused and a strong team player, demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
• Global mindset required
• Bachelor degree in Business/Commerce or equivalent professional experience
• PC skills (knowledge of accounting/workflow systems, MS Office)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.