Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Optimize Service Programs Consultant will provide accurate, timely technical support for OpenText Software to Managed Services customers primarily via the telephone and E-mail. The Consultant will deal with support issues that are complex in nature, carry differing priorities and must be addressed within predetermined service levels, so the Consultant must be adept at balancing multiple priorities. The callers will expect enterprise-level support, therefore the Consultant will need to be well-versed technically, and fully understand customer service concepts. Other objectives are to collect and report upon information gathered from incidents; and to interface with Sales, Marketing, Customer Support/DEV and others as necessary. In addition, the Optimize Service Programs Consultant will carry out projects as assigned by the management staff, cooperate with other Optimize Service Programs Consultants in carrying out their day-to-day duties, and represent OpenText in a visibly supportive manner.
You are great at:
· Researching, resolving and recording all levels of software questions from customers, with an emphasis on the more complex technical and application questions, quickly and repeatedly.
· Performing support primarily via the telephone and E-mail.
· Answering all incoming support calls six or more hours per day.
· Providing support within OpenText’s stated service level goals.
· Recording and maintaining knowledge collected from each incident in accordance with the standard format.
· Working with Support and Development to aid in the resolution of product issues.
· Participating in the testing of new and enhanced products.
· Participating in the QA process by validating and reporting bugs reported by customers.
· Writing technical documents
· Participating in Team Meetings.
· Assisting in the attainment of Department and Company goals.
· Special Projects as assigned by Management. Examples would be helping to implement and maintain the OpenText knowledge base, training new CSE's, participating in group training, etc.
What it takes:
· 4-6 years previous experience working within a technical support environment
· Degree (or equivalent work experience) preferably in Computer Science.
· Demonstrated strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to solve problems systematically and effectively, while ensuring the highest customer satisfaction and staying within the stated service level goals.
· A proven ability to interface with customers (both on the phone and in person) in a support role.
· Experience in a Customer Support -related position (preferably in a high-tech industry) is a plus.
· Flexibility in completing assignments.
· Ability to work on several tasks simultaneously while accomplishing desired results.
· Understanding of general business.
· Work well with little guidance in a very dynamic atmosphere.
· Work well under demanding circumstances.
· Positive attitude, patience, understanding, dedication and commitment .
· Strong attention to detail and the ability to grasp concepts quickly and have a thirst for knowledge.
· Participate in after-hours on-call rotation
· Some minor travel may be required.
· Strong technical skills, including but not limited to:
· Experience with OpenText Content Suite
· Experience with OpenText Archive Server
· Experience with OpenText IXOS
· Experience with OpenText Document Pipeline
· Microsoft Windows and Unix Servers
· Knowledge of SQL and Oracle databases
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.