Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
We’re hiring for the team that brings you OpenText Core (https://core.opentext.com), a cloud-based file sharing and collaboration application. We are looking for passionate developers that are ambitious, creative, and driven to work on difficult problems and provide innovative solutions.
In the Senior Software Engineer role, you will be one of the primary contributors to OpenText Core (https://core.opentext.com), a cloud-based file sharing and collaboration service. You will work as part of a collaborative and co-operative Agile team to maintain Core and implement new features with quality. You will help shape the future of OpenText Core, solve challenging problems, and assist your teammates in getting stuff done.
You are great at:
- Developing new features, fixing bugs and finding solutions to some of our toughest technical challenges
- Participating and contributing to planning and design meetings
- Mentoring junior developers
- Following good software engineering practices including code reviews, writing automated tests, documentation and following our internal coding standards
Some of the technologies we work with include:
What it takes:
- 5+ years of software-development experience, preferably full-stack
- Proficiency in 1 or more of the technologies listed above with the ability to quickly learn new technologies and frameworks
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Good communication skills and a great team player!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good understanding of both relational and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of microservices
- Experience in performance engineering
- TeamCity / Jenkins
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.