Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Senior Financial Analyst is a key position within the Financial Planning and Analysis team and will provide primary financial support to the Cloud Services team, including monthly results reporting & analysis, budgeting/forecasting, capital expenditures and business analysis.
You are great at:
• Leading planning and forecasting cycles including developing estimates, operating plans/forecasts/reviews, and corporate reporting
• Partnering with functional leaders to create long range plans and short range forecasts, understanding / evaluating key function drivers. Tracking financial progress against plans and projects at a granular level
• Support global operating expense and capital expenditure planning and reporting
• Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of monthly/quarterly closing/estimates; communicating current results and estimates to functional leaders
• Identifying risks & opportunities during each quarter and work with functional leads in mitigating risks and capitalizing on opportunities
• Recommending actions to achieve planned performance for the operating teams
• Understanding, communicating and explaining variance drivers within the function.
• Identifying risks & opportunities during each quarter and work with functional leads in mitigating risks and capitalizing on opportunities. Collaborating with the Accounting team during the monthly, quarterly and year end close process
What it takes:
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in financial analysis or similar role with prior experience in an IT environment preferred
• Ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors and peers.
• Demonstrated ability to present ideas logically and concisely to diverse audiences at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing.
• Advanced skills and experience in financial modeling and statistical analysis.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data, and to identify relevant issues in solving business problems.
• Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office and business analysis tools, for data management, research, analysis and reporting purposes.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or another related quantitative discipline. Advanced degree desirable.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.