Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis), is responsible for providing direct support to the Professional Services organization, acting as a key financial partner focused on adding value to the business.
This position has solid line reporting to the Director, FP&A. The individual will act as a key interface with business leaders and other cross functional stakeholders to optimize business performance. The position requires an individual with a high degree of autonomy and initiative, with a broad and thorough understanding of the business, finance, and accounting. Strong communication and writing skills and the ability to prioritize inputs from multiple sources are a must.
You are great at:
• Providing monthly/quarterly financial closing/estimates and communicating current financial results and estimates to Professional Services functional leaders. This includes tracking financial progress against plans and projects at a granular level, and understanding, communicating and explaining variance drivers within the function.
• Leading planning and forecasting cycles in partnership with functional leaders, including developing estimates and operating plans, long-range and short-range forecasts, and evaluating
key function drivers.
• Identifying risks & opportunities and work with functional leads in mitigating risks and capitalizing on opportunities. This includes recommending actions to achieve and optimize business performance, such as assessing and providing feedback on deal performance and labor trends/utilization.
• Utilizing and learning new tools, to gather data from multiple sources to drive insightful reporting.
• Building relationships with leaders to build an improved process for consolidation of estimates and actual financial analysis and metrics;
• Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of monthly/quarterly closing/estimates. Including collaborating with the Accounting team during the monthly, quarterly and year end close process.
• Liaising with various organizations including Operations, HR, Legal, Accounting, Billing.
What it takes:
• A self-starter with strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives, minimize financial risks, and solve business problems. A demonstrated history of taking initiative, being flexible and adapting to new requests and challenges, and driving for results.
• Exceptional communication skills. Demonstrated ability to present and articulate ideas logically and concisely to diverse audiences at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with senior management, business partners, supervisors and peers.
• Proven ability using computer software applications and financial modeling, including Microsoft Office and business analysis tools (proficiency in Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation, including pivot tables, v-lookup & Macros), for data management, research, analysis and reporting purposes.
• Experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: SAP, OLAP, Business Objects, other data extraction tools) and the ability to adapt quickly in learning new tools.
• Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables and execute tasks with short lead times.
• High tech, Internet or Computer industry experience (preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or another related quantitative discipline. Advanced degree or CPA desirable. Proven capability and knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in financial analysis or similar role.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.