Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Senior Application Engineer performs duties to produce quality deliverables associated with systems administration. Specifically, this position is responsible for evaluating, planning, and configuring, implementing, controlling, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting secure computing environments. Those responsibilities are generally associated with multiple functional tasks of medium to large/high size, scope and complexity.
What you will be doing
Perform the planning, coordination and execution of software installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades.
• Provide Application support for SAAS applications running on Linux and VMware platforms.
• Write and maintain systems, infrastructure, procedural and process documentation.
• Manage work to meet milestones in accordance with the project plan and keep management and project managers informed of issues and status.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours as required by a 24x7 production environment. And Participate in On-Call responsibilities.
You are great at:
• Working with other departments and outside vendors to design and seamlessly implement any production change required.
• Performing any customer-impacting work during production off-hours or weekends.
• Providing 24/7 ‘tier3’ support of specific production system section and participate in a 24x7 on-call schedule.
• Providing documentation for all new design implementations engineered from within the group or assisting in the documentation for projects jointly engineered with other departments.
• Managing tickets to meet or exceed metrics.
• Developing and maintaining production server documentation.
What it takes:
• Expert knowledge of Linux operating systems and working exclusively through CLIs.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create technical documentation and system diagrams.
• Working knowledge of PostgreSQL databases and SQL statements.
• Working knowledge of Chef.
• Experience with cloud platforms (vCloud Director, AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Experience with automating tasks through scripting (shell scripts, Windows PowerShell, vSphere PowerCLI, etc.)
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize workload and tasks to effectively meet established deadlines.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments and self-motivated to learn.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.