Function: Sales Operations
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Program Manager is an individual contributing role with a primary responsibility of managing the implementation of global strategic sales initiatives, as well as contributing to the definition, communication and monitoring of sales programs. The candidate will work closely with the Senior Director of the Sales Program Office, assisting them in defining priorities and translating them into a series of activities that need to be communicated to all stakeholders – coordinating actions and deliverables, tracking timelines, issues and reporting project status to sponsors and upper management.
The role requires candidates with strong leadership, excellent communication, and hands-on project management skills, as well as proficiency in motivating and leading others through strategic vision.
The Program Manager provides a single point of contact while driving an initiative or projects lifecycle from original concept through to final implementation with a focus on delivering against strategic corporate and sales objectives/priorities. Working on a highly visible program will allow you to expand your experience and strengthen your competencies, whilst challenging yourself professionally.
You are great at:
• Operates at a tactical, strategic and operational level, often handling the oversight of projects that are aligned to BU’s priorities and growth opportunities.
• Tracking strategic initiatives by monitoring progress towards meeting goals and achieving benchmarks, analysing data, ensuring follow-through on the part of key players, and sustaining momentum needed to drive these initiatives.
• Develops and oversees a process for capturing, cataloguing, analysing and disseminating lessons learned from initiatives, propagating best practices throughout the Sales organisation.
• Reviews action items decided upon at each strategic meeting/business review. He/she prepares a written summary, checks with each attendee to get sign-off on agreed-upon dates of completion and confirms the party responsible for following up on each action item.
• Creates and operates a reporting system that allows for a timely flow of information to the ELT and Board considering the BU’s performance, along with updates relating to growth and/or operational efficiency programs.
• Assists their aligned Sales Executive in developing communications. From scheduling and setting agendas for all-hands calls to creating initial drafts communications to maintain an informed team.
• Serves as an extra set of eyes and ears – keeping the Sales Leader aware of unanticipated problems to be addressed or opportunities to be considered.
What it takes:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sales support, sales operations, program/project management, or similar capacity along with Bachelor’s degree, college diploma or equivalent experience
• Has a proven track record of successfully implementing programs, projects and initiatives, with a good knowledge of Program Management methodologies beneficial
• An understanding of the operations and structure of a global enterprise software organization would be beneficial; including solution-based selling principles and sales methodologies
• Aptitude for technology and the ability to connect technical concepts with customer value would be an advantage
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to facilitate meetings and translate requirements into project activities
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization, including senior executive
• Aptitude for technology and the ability to connect technical concepts with customer value
• Highly organized; detail oriented and have the ability to shift easily between a variety of tasks with ease.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks in a fast paced and changing environment, with minimal supervision
• Possess analytical and problem-solving skills, logic-based thinking, an attention to detail
• Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.