Function: Technical Support
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
OpenText is seeking a Production Support Specialist. Production Support Specialist is an intermediate Level 2 customer support position. Production Support Specialist are responsible for numerous B2B (business to business) functions such as production monitoring of data, error analysis, client correspondence (both electronic and phone) as well as deep dive investigation of issues stemming from production failures. Leading platform support calls and triage efforts.
Must possess moderately strong analysis & troubleshooting skills, excellent communication skills are required, both written and verbal. Expertise within the product offering and the environments they operate. They must possess and display an understanding of application functionality, relational database architecture, operating systems, and communication protocols. The employee is expected to provide after hour support based on an on-call rotation schedule and is expected to carry a company provided pager or cell phone for escalation purposes. The position is for 1st shift, with a scheduled of Monday, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday. This position is also expected to work share on holidays.
You are great at:
• Provides technical support responding to case service levels, effectively troubleshooting software issues, providing issue resolution, and customer notification. Recreates customer issues & escalates to appropriate level.
• Actively participates in self-improvement, process, and technology training programs.
Continually strives to expand comprehension of troubleshooting methodologies, application functionality, N-tier architecture, relational database architecture, and operating systems, as applicable.
• Work cross-functionally within the organization, in a team environment, to deliver quality, satisfaction, and resolutions to the customers.
• Submit and provide new content to knowledge base.
• Provides internal training sessions and cross-train other team members in area of product expertise.
• Participate in documentation and product review process for new product introductions.
• May provide technical training for new and existing products within technical area.
• Perform other/additional duties and projects that may be periodically assigned.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex issues in a clear concise manner. Able to write customer-facing documentation.
• Proven successes managing high volume tasks balancing priority/severity and customer expectations.
• ITIL certification or familiarity with ITIL best practices.
• Well-grounded in the computer, network, and internet technologies.
• Customer support experience, providing high quality, personalized approach to customer services.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.