Function: Technical Support
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
As an OpenText +Liaison Healthcare Customer Support Specialist, you’ll manage all aspects of customer support for OpenText EMR-Link™ products and services. You’ll manage customer calls and emails seeking request for assistance, facilitate downtime procedures, document support issues and resolutions, develop customer support best practices, and provide technical support assistance to the implementation team. This position requires excellent customer skills, the ability to manage multiple threads of support incidents, good verbal and written communication skills, and a teamwork frame of mind. You’ll be part of a team with a focused mission to:
• Enhance the physician’s ability to provide patient care through EMR interoperability
• Enhance our hospital and lab partner’s outreach services to the practices they serve through exceptional integration to the practice’s EMR workflow
You are great at:
• Manage customer support requests through all channels (phone, email, OpenText staff).
• Document support incidents and resolution in tracking system. This includes contributing to a support knowledgebase of know problems and resolutions.
• Working with development to enhance the support incident escalation process including appropriately documented incidents, clearly stated requests to development for assistance, tracking of escalated incidents and customer notifications.
• Manage EMR-Link or partner downtimes including tracking, notifications and follow with customers and partners as needed.
• Proactively monitor the health of customers:
o Follow up on customers not using orders
o Follow up on results not downloading
o Monitor EMR-Link error notifications
o Identify other monitoring tools to assist in proactive monitoring of customers and partners
o Non-assigned inbound results cleanup
• Authoring and contributing to support and maintenance documents/processes to aide in customer self-support and other opportunities that minimize customer contacts for support.
• Support related contributions to OpenText EMR-Link published customer notifications, newsletters and webinars.
• Other opportunities include:
o 1-2 result only projects to assist with project overflow
o Historical download projects
o Assist with new kit testing, and other support for kit development projects
o Assist implementation team with project tasks such as building organizations, building test environments, preparing builder tools, and other tasks as needed.
o Assist development team as needed in support related events
What it takes:
• Proven successes managing high volume tasks balancing priority/severity and customer expectations.
• Customer support experience, providing high quality, personalized approach to customer services.
• 2 or more years’ experience using Centricity EMR or other EMR, with a solid understanding of physician and staff workflow.
• Working knowledge of HL7 and Interface implementations.
• Well-grounded in the computer, network, and internet technologies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex issues in a clear concise manner. Able to write customer-facing documentation.
• Must be able to work US East coast hours, between 8 am and 5 pm EST.
• Experience with excel macros and basic scripting
• Electronic Health Record and or HIE experience
• BA, BS or equivalent desired.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.