Function: Cloud Services
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
• Provide expert level network design, understand all aspects and best practices for enterprise data center infrastructure.
• Work diligently to meet project and business time lines for design and deployment of network infrastructure.
• Work to provide best solutions for connectivity between data centers and clients.
You are great at:
• Provide day to day support of routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers utilized by Network Operations.
• Plan and recommend design that could improve the existing network environment.
• Provide analysis of network capacity and health.
• Implement networking best practices and standards throughout the infrastructure
• Creating documentation (to include Visio diagrams) and creating internal communications and awareness is crucial to individual and team success
• An Expert in WAN and Routing technologies and methodology
• Proficient at Firewall configuration and troubleshooting
• Experienced level at troubleshooting and supporting Layer 2 technologies
• Participate and provide feedback into the day to day Network Operations
• Participate in support through the ticketing system
• Escalate critical issues to manager in a timely manner
• Coordinate technical implementation with partners from business
• Plan and implement monitoring, limitations by resource and users/departments
• Ability to work after hours
What it takes:
• Candidate must have excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience working with various network devices
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience working with network design best practices
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in general Network Engineering and working within a VMware environment
• Experience working in a team environment
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and communications skills
• Expertise on design, build and support of network infrastructure.
• Network Devices: Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers (Multivendor Network Environment)
• Vendors include but not limited to: Cisco (9k, 5k, 2k, 6500, ASA etc.), Juniper (SRX, Netscreen), Checkpoint
• Network Skills: TCP/IP, routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, IPSec VPN, DMVPN), Layer2/3 switching and VLAN configuration, Firewall security policy.
• Proficient with tools to collect network statistic utilizing protocols (SNMP, NetFlow, LibreNMS, HP network automation, HP Network Node Manager, Extrahop)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.