Function: Technical Support
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
The OpenText CEM technical team is currently searching for a technically dynamic and resourceful individual who has the ability to provide exceptional technical customer support in a challenging and rewarding environment. The incumbent will be joining a team that provides world class technical customer support to a variety of enterprise customers while working across business units to ensure that customer satisfaction is met in every form. Their focus will be supporting the Media Management product line within complex customer environments, to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
The successful candidate will be working in a highly functioning team consisting of Technical Analysts and Senior Technical Analysts that work effectively together to reach a common goal.
This is a senior level position that requires in-depth knowledge of relevant technologies and experience with coaching, leading escalation resolution and working with development to prioritize and identify potential code defects.
You are great at:
* Representing OpenText acting as first point of contact for all technical inquiries regarding Open Text Media Management and its integration into external environments.
* Utilizing exceptional written and verbal communication skills while supporting customers via web, telephone, or email, while demonstrating a high level of customer focus and empathy
* Meet established service delivery guidelines and key performance indicators that are measured through customer satisfaction surveys, ticket based activities, and schedule adherence.
* Show an understanding of the customer environment and product enabling resolution of complex technical issues and providing alternative support options which may not be related to OpenText products directly.
* Act as a key point of contact for customer follow up and incident management, while maintaining ITSM with updates and resolution.
* Collaborating on cross-team and cross-product technical issues with a variety of resources including development to document software defects and customer suggestions.
* Contributing to the knowledge base by authoring and editing articles to share current information with team members.
* Using professional/technical knowledge, guided by known practices and established precedents, make decisions within defined parameters to impact schedules and deliverables of the project/function.
* Work under general guidance with results reviewed periodically, seeking approval from others on matters outside of job or role as needed.
What it takes:
* 5 years previous experience working within a technical support environment
* University/College degree within a related discipline or equivalent work experience
* Proficient in Windows OS and/or UNIX
* Strong knowledge working with Web Application Servers (ie, Tomcat, JBoss)
* Experience working with relational DBMS (Oracle, MS SQL Server, mySQL)
* Strong desire to provide exceptional customer support efficiently with a high focus on first call resolution
* Proven experience working in a fluid environment that is ever growing and changing
* Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
* Positive attitude, patience, understanding, dedication and commitment
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to grasp concepts quickly and have a thirst for knowledge.
* Participate in after-hours on-call rotation for the product set
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.