Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a member of Open Text’s Payroll Accounting team, the Payroll Accountant will take a lead role in preparing timely and accurate management and operational financial reports. This will include recording the company expense related to employees in the company GL and account reconciliations. The Payroll Accountant will also assist in ensuring processes are properly documented and functioning as expected. The candidate may be called upon to work on special projects throughout the year.
You are great at:
• Preparing payroll journal entries to record the company expense related to employees into the company GL
• Analyzing month over month and quarter over quarter variances of the relevant payroll accounts
• Preparing balance sheet account reconciliations with an understanding as to the underlying detail.
• Ensuring that the balance sheet reconciliations are up to date, easy to understand and that historical items are cleared in a timely manner
• Liaising with internal and external auditors as part of the quarter end review process.
• Developing close working relationships with cross functional teams
• Completing special projects and identifying areas for improvement as required
What it takes:
• Candidate must possess (or is pursuing) at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Accountancy
• Preferably with 3+ years of related experience with solid USGAAP/ accounting knowledge
• Strong understanding of payroll processes is an asset.
• Prior experience with a global organization and foreign exchange is helpful.
• Strong analytical skills, sound judgment, attention to detail and initiative are required.
• Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
• Ability to speak and write fluently in addition to English, one or more European languages including German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish and Scandinavian languages is a benefit.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as a co-operative team member.
• Strong issues resolution skills.
• Proven ability to perform under tight timelines and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer literate with high proficiency in MS Office applications – Excel is required.
• Experience in SAP is required
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.