Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
What is the role?
Responsible the development of creative solutions for various marketing initiatives that include, but is not limited to, trade show event materials, identity pieces, consumer materials and professional collateral. The Graphic Designer will work collaboratively with other designers and writers on the team and collaborate directly with internal clients.
You are great at:
• Executes work on time and on budget to ensure that all projects are consistent
with the corporate brand and identity.
• Creates innovative artwork, layouts, and multimedia solutions for corporate
marketing communications to high standards, paying attention to detail.’
• Provides a valuable source of creative problem solving and innovative ideas.
The Graphic Designer thinks quickly, conveys ideas clearly and effectively uses
sketches and thumbnails to show multiple possible solutions for each
• Manages the design phases of each project assigned, including concept
development, reviews, approval, and execution of final designs— with an
understanding towards an “integrated” approach to marketing.
• Maintains and organizes various design servers and electronic design files.
• Maintains file dockets including project history, approved proofs, production
and prepress notes and printed materials for all design projects.
What it takes:
• 2+ years of graphic design including;
• Knowledge of visual design, corporate identity design, typography, illustration
and/or photography, colour theory, and interface design.
• Ability to create superior, original designs for print, Web, mobile/responsive,
stand-alone mobile apps, online applications, and interactive experiences.
• Excellent conceptual ability.
• Hands on experience in all phases of design process from project initiation
through final delivery.
• Skilled at executing design projects using design software on Mac OS X. Must
be highly proficient in all products within Adobe Creative Cloud. 3D
animation/storyboarding experience is also an asset.
• Must also be conversant with Windows Platform and Microsoft Office.
• RGD designation or other professional designation is an asset.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.