Function: Technical Support
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
The Customer Support department’s primary objective is to ensure the success of our customers. Reporting to the VP, Technical Support, the primary responsibility of this position is to oversee the operations of the Open Text Customer Support team. This includes managing the team members, prioritizing and managing escalated and large accounts, interfacing with customers, and ensuring compliance with the Open Text Customer Support policy. It also includes leveraging available data around team performance, product usage patterns, internal initiatives, etc. and working with VP, Technical support to develop strategies to improve the level of services and team efficiencies.
You are great at:
- Direct responsibility to oversee the operations of the Open Text Customer Support team. This encompasses time management, issue prioritization, and policy compliance.
- Deliver a customer centered philosophy.
- Mentor Customer Support Managers and team members
- Manage all customer relations for customer problems that are escalated to your attention. This includes developing action plans for escalated customer problems, informing customers of the plans, and keeping customers apprised of the progress.
- Develop standard operating procedures for the Open Text Customer Support team.
- Participate in Human Resource activities such as hiring, performance management, training, etc.
- To keep the VP, Technical Support advised of all problems and potential problems within the Open Text Customer Support team, and make recommendations towards finding solutions.
- To provide leadership and facilitate open communication between Product Specialists within the group and other departments within Open Text.
- Develop and execute on strategy for continuous improvement.
What it takes:
- 10-15 years of total experience with at least 5 years in providing Customer Support leadership in enterprise-class solutions.
- Previous experience leading managers as well as technical teams
- strong team building skills are required
- Experience interfacing with customers in a support capacity
- Experience managing C-level escalation situations
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.