Function: Cloud Services
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
The Director of Tools and Monitoring reporting to the Sr. Director of IT, is responsible for driving success for the solutions servicing the global commercial data centers and productions systems.
The portfolio of tools and applications include event management, monitoring/alerting, automation and security gates.
We are looking for an objectives-driven, hands-on leader who is detail-oriented, time and cost-conscious, and a talented innovator. You will demonstrate an exceptional level of team building and the intuition to recognize and direct the varying elements of project and personnel demands that drive a successful technology company forward. You have the ability to make sound decisions after carefully gathering and evaluating the facts.
You are great at:
• Manage technical teams worldwide that support various tools that help manage and maintain the OpenText public and private clouds.
• Defines and executes the tools strategy and roadmap for event management, automation and security gates.
• Maintain close relationships with the various department/stack leaders. Understand their needs and continue to innovate.
• Be a champion for the organization’s awareness, understanding and usage of standard toolsets.
• Drive a self-healing and task automation across the enterprise
What it takes:
• 10+ years of IT service operations experience
• 7 years’ experience leading strategy and implementation of various tools in the event management, automation and security realm.
• 5+ years’ experience working within the ITIL Frameworks and/or leading a Tools, Automation, and/or process team.
• Experience working with external vendors and working with procurement to negotiate contracts
• Experience with performing technical and costing exercises that will drive future tool selection
• Experience building roadmaps and presenting to the senior leadership team
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management or equivalent experience/certifications
• Proven ability to manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities
• Strong communication skills
• Able to function rationally and methodically in a high productivity environment.
• Experience with Micro Focus tools such as Operations Bridge (OMi)
• Experience with APM tools such as New Relic, AppDynanics and Dynatrace
• Experience with automation tools such as Ansible Tower, Chef and Puppet
• Experience with security and DLP tools driven by Citrix technologies
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.