Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
Changing jobs is a big decision but isn’t it time you joined a company that will allow you to make a real difference? Open Text is a trusted partner of thousands of the largest most respected organizations in the world. You will have the opportunity to contribute to platforms trusted by millions of users around the globe to transfer, store and process information securely.
As part of our continued commitment to security, we are growing our management team and are looking for a candidate that has a proven track record, is energetic, hardworking and committed to continuous learning.
We are looking for a dynamic leader with extensive experience securing full stack cloud and hosted solutions. Ideally, you have experience with large scale and complex infrastructure, have managed large, globally distributed technical teams and have supported engineering teams with secure application development guidelines & standards.
You are great at:
• Building tooling, strategies and guidelines to help developers create and deploy secure software
• Triaging and helping resolve security vulnerabilities in full stack solutions (including application layer)
• Conducting application architecture and design reviews to ensure solutions are secure
• Securing containerized applications using technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
• Creating RBAC policies in a CI/CD environment
• Building secure cloud solutions (on-prem, Open Text hosted, or run AWS, Azure or GCP)
• Designing and managing Disaster recovery strategies in large scale complex multi-site cloud environments
• Working with multiple product team resources; product managers, solution architects, product developers, and quality assurance, to understand product security activities and security assurance actions
• Setting up and running bug bounty programs
• Securing multi-tenant web, cloud and mobile solutions
• Performing web application penetration testing
What it takes:
A successful journey at Open Text requires a candidate that is interested in continuous learning. Your stakeholders (customers, auditors and colleagues) will expect you to be aware of the latest trends and to provide guidance.
We are looking for a natural born leader that has experience developing a multi-year roadmap and has shown an ability to lead teams to succeed at delivering that vision.
Open Text is one of the largest SaaS providers in the world and experience with SaaS is helpful. Knowing the requirements, concerns and motivations within the SaaS environment is a huge benefit.
As a large service provider that is growing very quickly, you will be expected to build strong relationships based on trust & respect with internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and an uncanny ability to build support.
Creativity is more than just a marketing catchphrase for you. You have a natural desire to find innovative and creative solutions to challenges that would stump mere mortals.
Experience and exposure to the following technologies:
• Cloud technologies: GCP, AWS, Azure, Nginx, Docker, Kubernetes, Jira, Confluence, Tomcat, VM Compute, Storage Blobs, Azure Cosmos DB/Managed SQL, Key Vault, Application Gateways/Traffic Manager, Functions, Event Hubs/Service Bus, Azure AD & Roles, ARM, AKS and API Gateways, PVC, projects in GCP, Google Compute Engine, GCP Container, Registry, Google Stackdriver, Filestore, GCP Pub/Sub and service accounts, EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3
• Virtualization technologies: VMWAre, hypervisor
• CI/CD Pipeline
• Technologies: Outsourcing, SaaS, IaaS, Paas, micro-services, Ansible, BitBucket
• OS/DB: Linux, Redhat, Debian, Ubuntu, Windows, CentOS, CoreOS, Oracle, Ms SQL, MySQL, Maria DB
• Data analytics solutions in GCP using BigQuery/ Cloud Dataflow/ Cloud SQL/ Cloud Storage
• Configuration Management: CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet, Artifactory
• Code Security : Application Inspector, AppSCan Source, CodeSonar, Fortify, Julia, BlackDuck, VeraCode
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.