Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
Are you interested in Enterprise Information Management and motivated in facing challenges? This Software Performance Engineer role is a compelling opportunity to assess the performance of EIM solutions in new technology stacks, identify and work with team members possessing diverse skillsets to resolve often complex and challenging performance issues. The position requires the continuous learning of new technologies and will give you exposure to the end-to-end deployment of EIM solutions.
You are great at:
• Designing, developing, executing and analyzing performance and load tests for software products.
• Simulating realistic usage profiles, with increasing data and transactional volumes as expected in customer deployments.
• Bench-marking and identifying slow operations, resource bottlenecks and capacity trending models.
• Drilling into associated data to determine cause and work with development to improve their responsiveness or transaction throughput.
• Producing reports and guidance for both internal and external stakeholders.
What it takes:
• Computer science, mathematics or engineering degree or diploma, or equivalent experience in technical aspects of the software development industry
• Experience with web application technologies
• Development experience (not strictly necessary, but will offer a greater chance for involvement in making improvements and code profiling)
• Ideally some experience with performance or load testing software (eg Load Runner, SilkPerformer, JMeter, etc)
• Windows Server editions and Unix/Linux administration level knowledge
• Most importantly a keen interest and tenacity for finding performance bottlenecks, designing/developing tests to expose them, analyze impact with statistics, and ultimately work with other performance analysts and product developers to solve them.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.