Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
We’re hiring for the team that brings you OpenText Core (https://core.opentext.com), a cloud-based file sharing and collaboration application. We are looking for passionate developers that are ambitious, creative, and driven to work on difficult problems and provide innovative solutions. Our cross-functional team is responsible both for cloud-based components as well as the OpenText Core desktop clients for Windows and Mac.
In the Software Developer role, you will work as part of a collaborative and co-operative Agile team to maintain Core and its clients, and implement new features with quality. You will help shape the future of OpenText Core, solve challenging problems, and assist your teammates in getting stuff done.
You are great at:
• Communicating the merits of various designs and approaches to solve a problem
• Writing code that is well designed, testable, and maintainable
• Collaborating with other developers on design and implementation
• Testing your code through reproducible automated strategies
• Solving problems in a way that will help prevent future problems from arising
What it takes:
• 2 years of software application development experience
• Experience with building and consuming RESTful APIs
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies and context switch between various components
Bonus Points for:
• Experience with Python or Node.js
• Experience with nw.js or electron frameworks
• Experience with building Windows installers with wix
• Experience using Git
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with Continuous Integration servers like TeamCity or Jenkins
• Having worked with an Agile team
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.