Function: Human Resources
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
The Senior HR Shared Services Payroll Specialist contributes to the success of the HRSS team by ensuring regional compliance to Payroll tax and benefit programs as well as adherence to internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance. This position will provide support the HR Leadership team, internal customers and government programs by providing expert information and reporting on a monthly, quarterly and ad hoc basis.
You are great at:
• Assesses problems, issues and opportunities of a complex nature impacting multiple work streams (ie. Tax law changes, labour law changes etc) and provides insights, analysis and solutions to address
• Provide support and advice to HR Shared Services Advisors and HR Shared Services Payroll Specialists related to administrative processes in the payroll cycle
• Provide subject matter expertise within HR and to other cross - functional departments ensuring quality service and timely issue resolution.
• Interdepartmental communications, relationship management, and building trust with key stakeholders
• Act as a resource & share expertise to other team members to expand functional knowledge across the HRSS organization
What it takes:
• Post-secondary education with a diploma, designation or certification in HR and/or Payroll
• 3-4 years experience in a HR Shared Services role with a focus on Payroll
• Experience with US payroll practices, policy, process and legislative items
• Organized with an ability to balance multiple complex work flows/projects in a fast paced environment
• Works well in a team environment demonstrating respect, encouragement, and cooperation
• Ability to handle large volume of data, provide analysis and commentary about what the data means
• Excellent reporting skills and excellent proficiency in reporting software, including Excel and SAP
• Experience with various payroll systems
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.