Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
The IT Enterprise Business Systems team is responsible for all business systems at OpenText. We are currently seeking a Senior Manager to lead our web technology team. The web team is responsible for many web site implementations at OpenText including our www.opentext.com site. OpenText utilizes the power of many of our web technologies including TeamSite, Web Experience Management (WEM), Portal, Media Manager to name a few. OpenText has an aggressive acquisition strategy as such our application landscape is constantly evolving. The web environment has many integrations with other enterprise business systems, such as Eloqua and Salesforce.com.
You are great at:
• Manage a team of web developers
• Co-manage (dotted line) an equivalent team in India
• Work closely with our business leads to evaluate and prioritize projects and enhancement requests
• Lead on-going enhancement release sprints
• Team resource planning and weekly reporting
• Ensure the team is compliant with IT process requirements and best practices
• Provide ongoing feedback to team members, including goal setting and performance reviews
• Manage the teams Ticket (3rd level support) queues.
• Maintain a skills matrix for the team – identifying areas for development and ensuring a plan is in place to address any gaps (tie into goals)
• Actively participate in system roadmaps – planning upgrades, consolidations etc.
• Host ongoing steering committee meetings where appropriate
What it takes:
• A bachelor’s degree, College diploma or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of management experience
• 5+ years of web development experience in a multitude of languages (Java, .NET, php etc.)
• Similar development experience working with Microsoft SQL server or equivalent
• Understand the infrastructure involved in delivering web experiences: load balancers, firewalls, performance accelerators (Akamai)
• An aptitude to learn new technology quickly
• The capacity to mentor team members
• Effective documentation skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• The ability to handle multiple streams of work effectively
• Ideal but not required: Experience with one or more of the OpenText Web Technologies: TeamSite, WEM, Portal, OTMM, RedDot
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.