Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
This role is responsible to create professional and impactful visual concepts, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate for high level priority corporate initiatives within the organization.
You are great at:
• Collaborating closely with all creative team members and clients, this role will prepare high quality, visually dynamic design concepts, event branding, collateral, web, print, production files, and motion graphics to be used across all marketing assets
• Work with Art Directors to become well versed with the creative brief, its project scope and goals of priority projects
• Deliver final assets that are consistent with the corporate brand identity
• Developing multiple concepts quickly while executing work on time
• Testing graphics across various media
• Prepare images for print and digital applications
• Maintains and organizes various design servers and electronic design files.
• Mentoring graphic designers and providing constructive feedback
What it takes:
• 5+ years experience in design or other related position
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
• Strong experience with digital content such as websites, social media, online advertising and email campaigns
• Great at execution while showing abundant creative confidence
• Ability to articulate your point of view on designs with perfection
• Excellent analytical skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Copywriting/editing experience an asset
• High-proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, PhotoShop, InDesign, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office (Word, PPT)
• Ability to develop and execute motion graphics such as .gifs or cinemagraphs, quickly and efficiently.
• Process-oriented self-starter with strong creative and technical skills as well as strict attention to detail with solid organizational abilities.
• A strong portfolio that shows a high level of creativity and versatility
• A keen eye for aesthetics and details
• Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field
• Ability to work overtime, weekend and/ shift hours in addition to or other than the average business day when required
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.