Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
The Product Marketing Manager (PMK) will support Content Suite products within the OpenText Content Services product team (formerly called Enterprise Content Management). The role involves responsibility for one or several Content Suite Platform components as well as other add-on offerings in the Content Suite family. The PMK will also support the Content Suite | Extended ECM Product Marketing team on content development and special projects such as corporate events, analyst research responses, etc. The successful candidate will interact with his/her counterparts in product marketing, program management, product management, industry marketing, and other teams including the sales force. This is a global role with responsibility to recognize and adapt strategies and messages for different regions.
You are great at:
• Generating compelling messaging, articulating positioning, key differentiators, competitive positioning, etc. and coaching others to ensure consistent application across the organization.
• Developing marketing materials for your product portfolio working with corporate marketing. teams and external contractors. This content should support the Field to advance deals through the funnel, provide high value and performance for demand generation activities, and educate/protect the install base through improved adoption of differentiating capabilities. Examples include slide decks, brochures, case studies, demos, whitepapers, videos, web content, etc.
• Working with sales and partner/channel organization to support deal development, identify/maintain pricing and ensure overall channel readiness through sales and partner enablement activities.
• Developing a strong understanding of customer use cases and the value derived from Content Suite solutions and telling those stories in a compelling manner in presentations and success stories, working together with customer marketing to identify and nurture references for the Field, Analysts and Shareholders.
• Helping develop and support demand generation strategies and funnel optimization programs, working with other departments such as Global Campaigns, Regional Field Marketing and Account Development.
• Acting as a product and market evangelist, communicating the value of the product capabilities at corporate and third-party events, and by developing and sharing thought leadership and product-oriented content marketing assets such as blogs, whitepapers, newsletter, social content.
• Planning the launch of new products and releases – and working with colleagues in the implementation of the plan.
• Managing time sensitive projects that involve cross-functional team coordination, such as the completion of analyst surveys or preparation of program content for user conferences.
• Working closely with Product Managers in support of product objectives, introducing new capabilities and representing market needs during product definition.
What it takes:
• At least 2 years experience in enterprise software, preferably with a focus on content management solutions.
• At least 5 years of professional experience with at least 2 years in a marketing or communications role.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong content marketer.
• Aptitude for technology and the ability to connect technical concepts with customer value.
• Conversant in go-to-market methodologies.
• Great interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to forge trusting relationships across diverse, geographically distributed teams.
• Proven ability to prioritize and differentiate what matters from the noise, meeting deadlines without sacrificing quality.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.