Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
OpenText is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, technically experienced and well-organized Privacy Compliance Manager for IT Compliance responsible for the oversight of privacy program and related requirements to include ensuring development and implementation of policies and procedures, provide organizational training and serve as a liaison to regulatory and accrediting bodies for matters related to privacy and security. Candidate must understand various compliance requirements, effectively interpret and communicate the requirements to internal teams, and lead efforts to produce actionable plans to meet the compliance requirements. ITC Team, part of Global Information Security (GIS) is currently focused on, but not limited to SOC1, SOC2, PCI, HIPAA, ISO 27001, SOX. In this role, you will be involved in managing and sustaining the various compliance programs by working collaboratively with internal teams, SMEs, external customers, vendors, auditors and other stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in EU, and in other applicable locales around the globe.
Additionally, the candidate will be required to work with stakeholders to represent the awareness and effectiveness of the Privacy Program and will help measurements as needed. Therefore, the candidate must possess superior communication skills and the ability to articulate privacy concepts and controls in support of our customers.
You are great at:
• Understanding security, privacy and risk in relation to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in EU, and in other applicable locales.
• Overseeing and monitoring the development and implementing of privacy program strategy.
• Ensuring compliance with privacy practices.
• Ensure global teams are prepared for GDPR.
• Participating in gap assessment, compliance readiness, and compliance monitoring activities.
• Collaborating cross-functionally with technology and business stakeholders to drive, track, and resolve all aspects of privacy compliance readiness and procedures that ensure effective privacy practices.
• Interfacing with external auditors to facilitate privacy audits.
• Coordinating delivery of audit milestones, ensures audit timelines stay on target by escalating and identifying roadblocks.
• Facilitating and tracking remediation, corrective action plans.
• Participating in continuous improvement initiatives.
• Conducting review of controls in adherence to GDPR laws and Open Text security policy.
What it takes:
• Strong knowledge of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), laws, and emerging legislation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business or related vocations.
• 10 years’ experience in IT with a minimum of 5 years’ specific experience in Privacy, Information Security, Compliance, Audit, Program Management.
• At least 3 years of experience program managing in large-volume, fast paced organizations
• Understanding of security controls, privacy, risk management framework and compliance models is a must.
• Tracking and execution of privacy request.
• Enhance Compliance team providing economy of scale for sales support, privacy audit and certification activities as directed.
• Position will require privacy skills to include: knowledge of Record of Processing Activity (ROPA), consent, right to be forgotten, data portability, Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA).
• Demonstrated experience managing a high volume of programs with varying degree of complexity.
• Knowledge of applicable EU, federal and state privacy laws.
• Experience with at least one of the following compliance programs – ISO 27001, ISO 27018, PCI, HIPAA
• Familiar with Information Security principles, knowledge of IT processes (e.g. Change Management, Incident Management, Risk Management, Network and System Administration),
• Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and seek for clarity independently, work effectively with remote, global teams in multiple time zones. .
• Big four audit firm experience a plus.
• Industry standard certifications (CHPS, CIPM, CIPP, CISSP, CISA, CISM, ISSMP, ISO 27001 Lead Implementer/Auditor, PMI) a plus.
• Strong technical, analytical, interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
• Self-starter, quick-learner, and pro-active problem-solving skills.
• Strong personal characteristics as demonstrated by the following: achievement-oriented, self-controlled, self-confident, flexible, approachable, and dedicated.
• Capable of working under pressure in a continually changing environment.
• Must possess strong cross team organization collaborative skills.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.