Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
OpenText has a vibrant software development organization that provides a customer communication management (CCM) solution that is proven to improve the customer experience and make customer interactions more profitable. It allows business users to create the communications for connected customer journeys using the delivery formats and channels customers prefer.
We are looking for talented, experienced software developers to join the OpenText CCM Product Development organization. In this role you will have the opportunity to directly support our product and our customers by addressing customer issues and requests. You will work across the entire software lifecycle of these products—from design, to development, testing and through release—using a variety of languages. We are an agile development team with close cooperation across development, quality assurance, documentation, and project management. If you have a passion for technology, you could be a good fit.
You are great at:
• Being passionate about software development at all levels: architecture, design, implementation, test, and deployment.
• Delivering high quality software that is scalable, high-performing, and robust.
• Decomposing work into tasks that can be completed in days rather than weeks or months as a part of Scrum’s framework.
• Writing thorough tests for all software that is developed.
• Contributing to the matching of tasks to the strengths of team members.
• Determining the key aspects of a project and prioritizing work towards those features.
• Moving products from an idea through design, development, and test, and then into a production environment.
What it takes:
o Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, information systems or related fields.
o Minimum of 10+ years of experience developing solutions.
o Experience being a technical leader for a team.
o Expertise in at least one common development language (C/C++, Java, .Net).
o Flexibility to move across different languages, technologies, and frameworks.
o Proven history of learning and implementing new technologies under pressure.
o Must thrive in new product environments – those that frequently change and have time constraints.
o Must love to ship products – and the pressure associated with it – not just work on software.
Nice to Have:
o Knowledge of Agile or Scrum development methodologies.
o Extensive Java experience.
o Familiarity with some or all of the following technologies:
? Application Servers: JBOSS, Wildfly, Weblogic, Websphere
? DBMS: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
o Experience developing with Word (VSTO, .NET, COM).
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.