Function: Cloud Services
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
The objectives of this role are to design, build and support the network infrastructure on the commercial production environment. The network devices consist of routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers. Responsibility of the Network Engineer consist of working as an individual or team to Implement, Support and Manage the highly complex Business Network.
You are great at:
• Provide day to day support of routers, switches, firewalls technologies utilized by Network Operations.
• Plan and recommend designs that could improve the existing network environment.
• Provide analysis of network capacity and health.
• Implement networking best practices and standards throughout the infrastructure.
• Creating documentation (to include Visio diagrams) and communications absolutely essential.
• Participate and provide feedback into the day to day Network Operations
• Participate in support through the ticketing system.
• Escalate critical issues to manager in a timely manner.
• Coordinate technical implementation with partners from business.
• Plan and implement monitoring, limitations by resource and users/departments.
• Ability to work after hours and participate in on-call coverage
• Other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
• Minimum 2-5 years’ experience working with various network devices
• Minimum 2-5 years’ experience working with network design best practices
• Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in general Network Engineering
• Experience working in a team environment
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and communications skills
• Experience maintaining and supporting network infrastructure in a 24/7, On-Call model
• Network Devices: Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers (Multivendor Network Environment)
• Network Skills: TCP/IP, routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, IPSec VPN), Layer2/3 switching and VLAN configuration, Firewall security policy.
• Proficient with tools to collect network statistic utilizing protocols (SNMP, NetFlow, etc…)
• An education in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; or equivalent experience is required.
• Previously worked as a Network Administrator, Network Analyst or Network Specialist
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.