Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
OpenText has a vibrant software development organization that provides a customer communication management (CCM) solution that is proven to improve the customer experience and make customer interactions more profitable. It allows business users to create the communications for connected customer journeys using the delivery formats and channels customers prefer.
We are looking for a talented, experienced software development manager to join the OpenText CCM Product Development organization. You will lead a team of software engineers who use their development skills to contribute to our Customer Communication Management suite of software. You will work across the entire software lifecycle of these products—from design, development, testing and through release—using a variety of languages. We are an agile development team with close cooperation across development, quality assurance, documentation, and project management. If you have a passion for technology, managing people, and delivering software, you could be a good fit.
You are great at:
• Leading software development organizations focused on commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) enterprise software
• Providing expert understanding of the SDLC and the role of Software Engineers in that process
• Demonstrating leadership and excellent communication skills
• Leading a team that is heavily invested in development best practices such as design patterns, continuous integration, and automated testing.
• Participating and collaborating in user story discussions with Product Management and other groups in engineering.
• Demonstrating strong interpersonal and teamwork skills in a large, diverse environment.
• Moving products from an idea through design, development, and test, and then into a production environment.
What it takes:
o Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, information systems or related fields.
o 3 to 5 years of experience (or equivalent) managing an organization delivering software.
o Expert knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle.
o Expert knowledge of Agile Software Development best practices.
o Experience with design, development, and debugging in an OO language (identifying syntax, coding, and design errors).
o Experience with multi-platform development (Windows, Unix, Linux, IBM Mainframe).
o Ability to expand job responsibilities, suggest improvements, and collaborate with others to generate ideas and improve processes.
Nice to Have:
o Extensive Java experience.
o Familiarity with some or all of the following technologies:
? Application Servers: JBOSS, Wildfly, Weblogic, Websphere
? DBMS: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
o Experience developing with Word (VSTO, .NET, COM).
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.