Function: Human Resources
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
The Global Manager, Organizational Effectiveness is an integral aspect of the OpenText Global Human Resources organization. Reporting to the VP Rewards & Organization Effectivenss, the role serves as a key point of contact and integration acrosss HR Rewards, L&D, systems and talent centres of excellence.
The Organizational Effectiveness Manager develops, coordinates and manages key HR programs and processes, including (but not limited to) the performance management process, the talent management process, individual development planning and strategic workforce planning. The job holder is accountable for co-creating and managing the global HR program and communication calendar in parternship with the COE’s, the HR Business Partner Community and corporate communciations. Based on the overall HR strategy and operating plan, the role ensures HR program deployment supports our objectives of supporting the business through talent.
You are great at:
• Partners with key HR business partners and HR COE’s to plan and manage the annual global HR program calendar – ensures an integrated approach across talent, learning and rewards program delivery – the way employees experience them
• Consults with global COE’s including L&D, Rewards, and Talent to ensure program integration and effective implementation – including a no surprises approach to program rollout and communication
• Partners with Corporate Communications to align the internal communication plan and collateral to the HR agenda and calendar
• Designs, manages and improves outcomes of key global processes including the Talent Management Process, the Performance Management Process and IDP. Serves as a key business point of contact on related systems.
• Supports global program deployment across the matrix partnering with functional and regional HR business teams to ensure global consistency and local relevance
• Prepares program analytics and coordinates with the HR analytics team to ensure program information and HR dashboards provide actionable insights
• Develops the OpenText employee listening strategy including leading underlying activities such fielding of global employee opinion survey.
• Leads ongoing enhancement of the employee experience through programs including bringing the Employer Value proposition and communication portals (including the evolution of Otci and the use of HR Portals)
• Leads career path projects and Career Day priorities, leveraging expertise form L&D and Talent Acquisition to ensure business aligned outcomes.
• Establishes a business integrated, streamlined strategic workforce planning process including establishment of templates and tools.
• Leads assigned OE projects, programs, initiatives, and interventions by gathering/summarizing data, preparing for meetings and workshops, developing tools and resources, creating project plans, and conducting best practices research
What it takes:
• University degree or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years of corporate HR experience with strong COE and program management exposure.
• Experience working in a global, multi-functional context – ability to balance global and local requirements
• Project, program and process management experience with proven coaching and team building skills.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self-starter, willing to take initiative, works well under pressure, flexible and cooperative able to thrive in a fast paced, team environment.
• Knowledge and application of project management and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Advanced knowledge of HR programs, systems and processes – including a general understanding across Rewards, Talent and L&D COE’s
• Ability to “connect the dots” between business needs, HR programs and tangible outcomes
• Strong process design and communication skills
• Experienced facilitator
• Proven track record of consulting, collaborating and creating win/win outcomes
• Ability to propose and negotiate strategies and tactics with senior level leadership.
• Advanced data analytics and assessment skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task on projects varying in complexity and of strategic importance OpenText.
• Ability to act independently within defined objectives and direction.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize tasks effectively.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.