Function: Human Resources
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payroll for entities within Open Text. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for processing payroll runs, validation of inputted information, wire creation, responding to agency inquiries, reconciling of post payroll run files – (401k, Benefits, Manual Updates)
This position is accountable for providing a high level of customer service to all Payroll stakeholders, including but not limited to employees, Human Resources, Finance and other Payroll team members with a focus on confidentiality. This position requires strong interpersonal skills and initiative as well as excellent working knowledge of payroll practices
You are great at:
• Attention to detail (data entry and compliance)
• Time management (meeting SLAs)
• Self-driven and motivated, taking initiative
• Maintaining and updating internal procedural documents
• Customer Service
• Innovation (process improvement)
What it takes:
• 3 - 5 years of relevant Payroll experience.
• Post-secondary education, Payroll designation and/or working towards is an asset.
• US Payroll Processing specific knowledge
• Ability to multi-task (handling several different deliverables)
• Strong interpersonal skills with understanding of the importance of confidentiality
• Proficiency in Word and Excel
• Strong issue resolution skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.