Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Are you always trying to figure out how stuff works? Always up for a big technical challenge? Ready for Mission Impossible, because Mission Difficult is a walk in the park for you? On the Enterprise Business Systems Integrations team, you’ll be constantly challenged to do things Better, Smarter, Faster to empower our Customer Support and Fulfillment teams with efficient and automated solutions. Our strong team-based environments make sure that if you get stuck or need some help, you’ll always feel supported.
For more than two decades, OpenText™ has produced innovative online solutions that change the way organizations conduct their business and the way people gather, store and use information. Our Enterprise Information Management (EIM) technology is leading the industry. We have earned the trust of the world’s top Fortune 500 companies and helped these organizations flourish, lower costs, reduce information governance and security related risks and support their digital transformation.
This position requires strong technical & creative problem-solving skills, a team player mentality, and an uncanny ability to know where to dig to find the answers doesn’t hurt! Our Developer position gives you the chance to work with and enhance our many different systems and integrate new and unique systems from the constant stream of acquisitions that is life at OpenText.
You are great at:
• Contributing to the standardization of system integrations across all systems – e.g. coding, reporting, monitoring
• Translating and validating business requirements and transferring into functional/technical requirement documents working within the framework of the tools available
• Interacting with Business representatives to ensure their requirements are being met
• Interacting with IT application leads and SMEs to ensure the data being integrated into the transnational system is being applied appropriately
• Developing solutions to meet the business requirements while meeting time and cost constraints and adhering to IT Change Management and best practices
• Participate in the full software development lifecycle (requirements, design, code, unit test, implementation)
• Investigate and fix advanced (3rd level) application issues
What it takes:
• A bachelor’s degree, college diploma or equivalent experience in software development
• 3+ years of development experience using the Microsoft .net framework (VB.NET, C#, ASP.NET)
• 3+ years of development experience working with Microsoft SQL and/or Oracle PL-SQL
• 3+ years of developing API’s and/or Web Services (RESTful and SOAP) with IIS
• An aptitude to learn new technology quickly
• Effective documentation skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• The ability to handle multiple streams of work effectively
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.