Function: Human Resources
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
Reporting to the Senior Director Corporate Development & Strategic Initiatives, this role will be instrumental in the successful execution of all Total Rewards aspects of Global M&A projects, from due diligence to post close integration.
You are great at:
• Accountable for leading HR Total Rewards due diligence and integration activities for compensation and benefits related items
• Synthesize and communicate Total Rewards due diligence findings. Quantifying areas of risk, dependency and opportunity. Provide recommendations to address any issues
• Collaborates effectively with HR functional area partners (HRIM, HRSS, HR Business Partners, OE and Learning) as well as other functions (Corporate Communications, Legal, Finance, IT, etc.) on all relevant aspects of M&A work
• Remains current on new laws, regulations, works council considerations, M&A approaches and tools
• Mentors and develops others to build and sustain institutional M&A knowledge and core competencies
• Establish and maintain credibility throughout the organization and ensure strict adherence to confidentiality and sensitivity in handling all aspects of private data across the HR team
What it takes:
• 10+ years of progressive compensation and benefits experience, preferably in the technology industry
• Strong experience in US and Canada benefits and compliance requirements is critical
• Strong experience with compensation plan design, including market data analysis, sales plan designs
• Global Benefits experience a plus
• Executive compensation experience a plus
• Previous HR-M&A experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated agility to succeed in a high change, fast paced environment, juggling multiple time sensitive priorities
• Strong relationship building skills with the ability to work effectively in a highly matrix organization
• Excellent analytical capabilities, as well as problem solving, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.