Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
The SAP ERP Senior Systems Analyst will manage operational aspects of the SAP Financial applications environment including change management, root cause analysis, DR planning, and environment refreshes. This person may also provide support for non-SAP financials applications.
You are great at:
• Managing the SAP ERP team change management process:
• Compiling incidents and enhancements for review and approval in a weekly team-level Change Review Board (CRB).
• Facilitate meeting and record approval of transports in our service desk tool. (ITSM)
• Coordinate SAP changes with the Corporate Change Management team.
• After deployment, close all assignments on the incidents and OTRs in ITSM and create new assignments for the leads to validate the transport and close.
• Attend Corporate Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings and provide feedback on system activities impacting SAP ERP team.
• Manage communications to end users regarding application changes and planned outages.
• Manage Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process
• Facilitate gathering of information on system problems deemed to require root cause determination.
• Work with the team to determine steps to prevent recurrence, setting timelines and ownership.
• Maintain RCA documentation.
• Manage small enhancement requests - Open Text Request (OTR) work:
• Facilitate prioritization of minor enhancements with Business Prime
• Manage releases of small enhancement requests (OTRs)
• Perform yearly reviews and updates to Disaster Recovery process documentation.
• Manage semi-annual refresh of integrated QA environments.
• Provide level 2 support for non-SAP financial applications. This includes legacy applications such as Netsuite or MS Great Plains.
• Troublehsoot issues, run queries, provide access
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s\Master’s degree in management information systems, computer science, and/or business.
• 5-10 years work experience in a production application environment providing project management or operational management.
• Experience providing level 1 or 2 technical support.
• Experience working in an Information Technology Infrastructure Library (itil) service management environment.
• Experience with SAP applications a plus.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• A high standard for work ethic and quality is required
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.