Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
Come join the OpenText Data Governance Organization (DGO), the team at the center of OpenText global business operations! As the Senior Manager, Master Data Operations, you are responsible for running the operational arm of the DGO with teams in Waterloo, Canada and Manila, Philippines. The Master Data Operations team is focused on day-to-day master data management of Customer, Vendor, Materials and Finance master data within the SAP ERP ecosystem and pushed to OpenText’s collection of integrated business systems. To be successful you need to deeply understand data management and data governance, the SAP ERP ecosystem, data flows resulting from system integrations, business processes (Orders to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report), project management, and corporate and IT change management. Ultimately, you are very clear how data quality effects business operations and are passionate about connecting with business partners to align and grow our master data operations according to business need. You are also an exceptional people leader who knows how to get the best of your people and grow them to their fullest potential.
You are great at:
• Governing data in line with policies and procedures for a large global and enterprise organization.
• Understanding the data lifecycle and all the touch points.
• Building out operational capabilities within a relatively new team.
• Operationalizing changes which come about as projects are delivered.
• Handling escalations in a calm and appropriate way.
• Management activities including goal setting, performance management, tracking deliverables, recruitment, etc.
• Leading employees through personal growth and development and change.
• Building and maintaining business relationships across many functions.
• Clearly and respectfully communicating in written and verbal communications.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and business-related work experience totaling 8+ years.
• Experience with master data governance processes and tools; highly developed technical skills gained through thorough knowledge from increasingly difficult work and management.
• 8+ years’ experience working with SAP or a similar ERP or master data management system for maintaining master data; a broad understanding of the technical SAP ERP ecosystem is preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience in a leadership position.
• Experience building relationships and working cross-functionally with Orders to Cash (O2C), Procure to Pay (P2P) or Record to Report (R2R) business functions and their associated Customer, Vendor, Materials, or Finance data requirements.
• Ability to imagine a new future, drive operational excellence, and bring your team along with the growth and change.
• Experience with IT change management and corporate change management.
• Experience with ticket management for intake of work requests.
• Experience with data analysis and reporting within an operational team setting.
• Experience with legal contracts as they apply to Customer and Vendor master data.
• Experience with SalesForce, ITSM, Assure, Siebel, Changepoint, OpenAir, or cloud biller systems is an asset.
• Experience using Excel to perform data operations, e.g. working with data types, vlookups, pivot tables, etc.
• Attention to detail and accuracy in your work.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.