Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
The team is growing and has a need for a manager to work with engineering and business owner stakeholders to define the product roadmap, scope and implement projects, analyze requirements, and lead the team, including setting priorities, making assignments and coaching team members for high performance. Potential candidates have a solid background in software development lifecycle and service management as well as systems administration, business analysis and team leadership. The team is global and very collaborative. We are a fast-paced organization and there are numerous projects in progress at any one time.
You are great at:
• Working with business partners to understand technology needs and set priorities for the team
• Team leadership: establishing clear goals and priorities for the team, coaching and mentoring team members for high performance
• Working with end users to document their business requirements and translate those into functional requirements and system design
• Software lifecycle management: from requirements through design, build, test and deployment. Documenting the solution and supporting business team with training and other enablement activities
• Familiarity with a wide-breadth of technologies; web-based applications, the difference between on premise and Cloud software, workflow/BPM process solutions.
• Supporting acquisition content integration activities, including content and workflow migration to Content Server and other standard OT ECM tools.
• Service management to enable the team to provide excellent operational support to end users and IT colleagues. In this role assignments this will include a variety of OpenText applications including Content Server, AppWorks Process Suite, OpenText Directory Server and related technologies. Familiarity with ITIL methodologies.
• Maintaining systems as required; patching, upgrading, monitoring and troubleshooting are regular activities during business hours, and sometimes outside of business hours to minimize service disruption.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business, finance or a related area of study or significant experience in a similar role.
• 10-12 years’ experience in application development and/or systems administration
• 3-5 years’ experience managing technical teams
• Experience developing and delivering project updates to business stakeholders including executive leadership
• Business analysis, project management, or other broad exposure to the software development lifecycle (SDLC). Familiarity with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
• Ability to prioritize multiple requests, make individual assignments for team members, track progress and provide team leadership
• Experience with or willingness to develop and exercise skills in the areas of enterprise content management, web-based software applications, application integration, and custom workflow
• Ability to work cross-functionally with IT infrastructure and database administrator teams on both project implementations and application support
• Experience with OpenText AppWorks Process Suite preferred
• Experience with OpenText Content Server preferred
• A self-starter attitude, a strong desire to learn as you go, and the belief that you can make a meaningful contribution to your immediate team, the business users that you serve, and to the organization as a whole.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.