Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) will have responsibilities for controllership functions for some of Open Text European entities. The SFA will be an integral part of the accounting cycle, providing support to the Global Finance team, assisting in accounting and financial reporting activities as well as regional requirements for the particular legal entities. The SFA will be a key member of the European finance team, managing traditional controllership responsibilities, in addition to being a significant contributor to the consolidated US GAAP close.
You are great at:
Month-end close analytics and support
• Performing analytic review of period end financial results
• Responding to questions from management on the balance sheet and P&L review.
• Reviewing account reconciliations and promoting best practices to ensure proper accounting and controls are in place.
Sales tax compliance and supporting the tax team
• Reviewing and providing compliance for VAT returns
• Providing support material for tax compliance requirements
• Providing support for period end tax information packages (TIP)
• Preparing local gaap financial statements
• Providing support to statutory audits as part of the year-end review process
• Preparation of working schedules for the external auditors
• Documenting local country GAAP adjustments
• Providing local support to the business for matters pertaining to Northern Europe
• Preparing and overseeing regulatory statistical reporting
Mergers and acquisitions
• Participating in post-acquisition integration activities
• Participating in migration meetings and conference calls as required
What it takes:
• Accounting related university degree and a CA/CMA/CPA designation
• Big four accounting firm audit experience a plus
• 3-5 years of practical accounting experience, preferably in a technology company
• Experience with general controllership duties as listed above
• Strong collaboration and organizational skills
• Must be meticulous and detail oriented
• Proficient in excel and Microsoft office suite
• Capable of working independently, multi-tasking to establish priorities, and completing objectives without supervision in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills; capable of communicating in professional and courteous manner with peers, customers, vendors and management.
• Knowledge and application of European VAT regulations considered an asset.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.