Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
Come join the OpenText Data Governance Organization (DGO), the team at the center of OpenText global business operations! As the Senior Data Analyst, your role is to contribute to a variety of projects as the voice of master data, representing the knowledge of master data structure, design, governance and use across the global organization. You will be carrying out data analysis and ensuring project solutions are designed in line with our master data models. Projects include OpenText’s data migration of legacy master data from our acquired companies (M&A) into OpenText systems, and other projects which have a master data component. This is a cross-functional role where you have impact and visibility across many teams and functions. Master data objects you may work with include Customer, Vendor, Materials, and Finance within the SAP ERP ecosystem and connected downstream systems including SalesForce, Assure, ITSM, Changepoint, Siebel and OpenAir.
You are great at:
• Strong understanding of the SAP ERP master data ecosystem, including the fields, tables, and types of transactions which use the master data.
• Understanding of data integrations, specifically how master data from SAP can impact downstream systems and the PI/PO process.
• Understanding the Orders to Cash (O2C), Procure to Pay (P2P) and/or Record to Report (R2R) business streams.
• Building and maintaining cross-functional relationships, including aligning opinions and approaches across disparate teams.
• Contributing ideas on how data can be used to grow OpenText.
• Building a positive brand for the team.
• Using Excel for advanced data manipulations and analysis.
• Assisting with designing business processes to be aligned to the master data.
• Ensuring data accuracy, integrity, and completeness.
What it takes:
• 5-8+ years working with SAP or a similar ERP for maintaining master data, OR, a combination of master data management/governance experience and experience within the Orders to Cash (O2C), Procure to Pay (P2P), or Record to Report (R2R) business streams.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and business-related work experience totaling 5-8+ years. Master’s degree is an asset.
• Experience with data migrations and integrations is an asset. Experience working on IT driven projects is an asset. Experience working in the IT function would be beneficial.
• Advanced Excel skills to perform data manipulations and analysis.
• Knowledge or experience using any one of SalesForce, ITSM, Assure, Siebel, Changepoint, OpenAir, or cloud biller systems is an asset.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills with an ability to influence those whom you do not directly oversee.
• Attention to detail and accuracy in your work.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.