Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
Working in the Global Information Security team, the Risk Analyst will be expected to understand a wide array of IT security controls, processes and concepts. The Risk Analyst will provide support for our Security Risk Management methodology and be specifically responsible for executing risk assessments for our product/platforms/services and our 3rd party vendors. The role will also be required to apply risk review concepts in support of audit controls for ISO27001, SOC1, and SOC2 on the Open Text Commercial platforms. This is a hands-on role that will require detailed knowledge of security concepts, governance models, commercial platform processing, risk models, security controls, security audits and other common IT and security domain concepts.
You are great at:
• Assisting the Global Information Security (GIS) team to service and support governance and risk management initiatives
• Applying security policy and risk assessments to Open Text business units
• Completing 3rd party vendor risk assessment
• Managing risk assessments for 3rd party security vendors and vendor contracts on behalf of GIS
• Analyzing risk assessment results working with risk owners on mitigation actions
What it takes:
• 3+ years in security compliance, risk and governance
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or similar degree, or equivalent experience preferred.
• Knowledge of merger an acquisition processes and ability to analyze security risk for M&A activities
• Strong inter-personal skills are required to work across multiple internal teams
• Familiar with commonly used information security frameworks, best practices and standard procedures
• Capable of working independently under pressure in a continually changing environment
• Is resourceful in knowing how to research requirements and find information for documentation purposes
• Strong knowledge of Open Text Commercial products and solutions is helpful
• Audit framework knowledge for ISO27001, SOC1 & SOC2 desired
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to participate in key proactive security programs.
• CISA, CISM, CISSP or other IT certifications preferred
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.