Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
Working in the Global Information Security team, the Governance and Risk Analyst will be expected to understand a wide array of IT security controls, processes and concepts. The Governance and Risk will provide extensive effort researching and writing security policies, understanding data protection strategies, and organizing policy documentation for the entire organization. The role will also be required to apply risk review concepts in support of audit controls for ISO27001, SOC1, and SOC2 on the Open Text Commercial platforms. This is a hands-on role that will require detailed knowledge of security concepts, governance models, commercial platform processing, risk models, security controls, security audits and other common IT and security domain concepts.
You are great at:
• Leading efforts on behalf of the Global Information Security (GIS) team to service and support governance and risk management initiatives
• Applying security policy and risk assessments to Open Text business units
• Managing security vendors and vendor contracts on behalf of GIS
• Managing the organization security communications program
• Synchronizing complex policy clauses with other Information Security requirements regarding audit/compliance and risk management
What it takes:
• 5+ years in security compliance, risk and governance
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or similar degree, or equivalent experience preferred.
• Knowledge of merger an acquisition processes and ability to analyze security risk for M&A activities
• Strong inter-personal skills are required to work across multiple internal teams and to handle customer interface meetings on security related topics.
• Ability to write clear and concise polices and communications that are easily consumed by a large target audience
• Familiar with commonly used information security concepts, best practices and standard procedures
• Knowledge of security controls, and governance and risk management frameworks
• Capable of working under pressure in a continually changing environment
• Is resourceful in knowing how to research requirements and find information for documentation purposes
• Strong knowledge of Open Text Commercial products and solutions is helpful
• Audit framework knowledge for ISO27001, SOC1 & SOC2 desired
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work alone with minimal supervision effectively and efficiently
• Ability to participate in key proactive security programs.
• CGEIT, CISA, CISM, CISSP, or other IT certifications preferred
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.