Function: Sales Operations
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
An opportunity to join a global and dynamic sales operations team, provide support to a Sales Leader(s) and their teams in the assigned region. Providing both direct support to the sales leadership team and an essential interface to the corporate operations function and other corporate functions. This role covers sales territories that could span North America and Europe. The role reports to the VP Revenue Operations, Sales and provides direct support to the VPs of Sales. The role will provide operational support and analysis to the growing regional sales teams (Sales Management, Account Executives and Sales Consulting), focusing on Sales Process Excellence, while also being a primary interface into the corporate operations, billing operations and finance teams. Responsibilities include ensuring corporate sales processes are understood, communicated and practiced, developing effective reports and preparing thoughtful analysis on trends, as well as streamlining and automating processes. In addition, includes being responsible for continuous sales processes improvement initiatives centred around forecasting, reporting & analysis, salesforce.com adoption, partnering and lead process management. A critical success in this role will be the ability to provide efficient support to the sales organization, and, to communicate and work collaboratively with other groups across the global OpenText organization.
You are great at:
• Provide thoughtful analysis on management dashboards to facilitate effective understanding of progress, achievements and gaps; includes pipeline analysis, closed deal analysis, competitors, etc. Communicate key information and analysis to global sales management.
• Weekly forecast review of pipeline reports to ensure accuracy. Pro-actively follow-up on deals that need clarification and provide insight on quality of forecast and pipeline.
• Ensure account and opportunity data in Salesforce.com is accurate. Proactively resolve any discrepancies to ensure reporting is timely and accurate.
• Review and analyse operational and sales financial information to enable effective decision making.
• Contribute to processes and reporting around sales staffing, hiring and on-boarding, including assessing and planning resources (location, roles, development and alignment with other resources.)
• Recommend and provide relevant information and analysis on customer segmentation, account assignments and territory coverage.
• Be point person to communicate and address compensation plans. Includes communicating plan design and structure, and, local analysis/verification of performance data.
• Be point person for field sales people to address general questions and help resolve issues.
• Identify areas where processes need to be automated and/or streamlined. Lead regional process improvement initiatives. Demonstrate thought leadership around sales processes and operations.
What it takes:
• 5+ years relevant business experience with 2+ years managing operations and complex processes– ideally with broad experience in a variety of operational and support roles.
• Experience working closely with senior executives.
• Previous sales operations management experience preferred.
• Experience with sales compensation an asset.
• Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, an aptitude for systems, and a customer experience mindset.
• Partner with the Sales Leader to assist with all elements of business planning, progress reporting and outcome measurement.
• Assist with the design, implementation and review of any regional initiatives required by the Sales Leaders
• Collaborating effectively with departments and cross-functional groups to ensure company goals are achieved.
• Other responsibilities and key result areas will be assigned as required.
• Bachelor’s degree with MBA or accounting designation or other relevant Master’s Degree, a plus.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.