Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
Reporting to the Manager, Governance, Reporting & Analytics the S2P Governance & Analytics Specialist, will be an integral role in ensuring all aspects related to our corporate and S2P policies and SOX requirements are successfully delivered. He/She will use their best practice knowledge on P2P processes and change management approach to assist in representing our team in analytics and recommendations to improve P2P efficacy.
You are great at:
• Define, refine, monitor and enforce best-practice S2P policy and internal controls aligned with our business needs and corporate mandate
• Assist on P2P strategy through P2P metrics and ELT KPI’s, including but not limited to transactional, process and financial measures;
• Partner with Internal Audit on process improvements to ensure robust P2P controls and mitigate any identified risks
• Partner with IT on reporting improvements relevant to SOX controls, governance, P2P process improvements and acquisition integration into Open Text processes and systems;
• Provides additional support through tools and analysis to other P2P team members to resolve P2P issues;
• Responsible for ensuring all required P2P transactions are executed in compliance with corporate processes and policies, including with other operational areas that are upstream or downstream customers or providers of P2P (i.e. DGO, Treasury, Controllership);
• Responsible to complete/support other initiatives /projects as required to deliver on the P2P mandate.
What it takes:
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience in P2P, preferably in a global software services/high tech environment
• Demonstrated level of acumen in performing reporting & analytics, providing insight at Sr. Levels
• Demonstrated success defining and refining policies & processes and putting them in practice
• Business Partner mindset to work with all levels in the organization
• Team player, with a culture of learning together mindset with peers and leaders
• Strong working knowledge of Accounting principles, GAAP and SOX controls
• Demonstrated success at high level analytical, critical thinking and organization skills
• Expert knowledge of MS office skills, specifically MS Excel, ACCESS, and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of SAP ERP
• Must be self-motivated, flexible, deadline-oriented and focused on delivery as agreed to
• Post-Secondary Diploma/Certificate/Degree from a recognized College or University preferred
• Completed or Registered in a program leading to an Accounting Designation considered an asset
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.