Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Enterprise Business Systems, the Manager SAP COE will be accountable for supporting the planning, development and implementation of Center of Excellence strategies. Work on employee development strategies across the business user community, lead events for prioritized value streams to enhance productivity, improve project effectiveness, and be the liaison between business leaders, objectives and IT
You are great at:
• Mature SAP COE strategy and delivery model. Operational model will be inclusive of the enterprise applications beyond SAP supporting end to end processes of Order to Cash, Record to Report, Procure to Pay
• Manage a global team comprised of Business Analysists, Process SMEs, and Training Leads.
• Lead and/or Partner on evaluating end-to-end process post acquisition (M&A) close to identify gaps, develop strategies to remediate and create a roadmap for integration.
• Creating a team environment of empowerment, accountability and commitment for reaching Operational Excellence goals
• Hold regular stakeholder meetings to keep all interested parties updated in project progress
• Provide period end support to finance users as required, tickets, escalations, solutions.
• Match different influence strategies and negotiating styles to fit the person or situation
• Collaborate with others to generate appropriate Operational Excellence deployment plan with organizational measures of success.
• Act as communication liaison between IT team and other pillars and functional areas.
• Involve and coach business leaders in preparing for and sustaining change
• Be a change champion within the site and network by prompting questions and promoting team-based behavior
• Continuously working on developing staff through training initiatives
• Identifying and resolving team conflicts and eliminating obstacles affecting performance.
• Providing guidance and motivation for team to achieve goals outlined in established policies.
• Providing technical or project management direction
• Prioritizing time against project lists in a changing environment
• Managing, training and developing staff, ensuring high levels of employee engagement and the opportunity for upward growth with increased responsibility
• Regularly assessing team compliance with established policies and procedures
• Using applications such as SAP, SalesForce, Assure, ITSM, Siebel, ChangePoint, Open Air, ServiceNow, VIM, Winshuttle, HPALM.
What it takes:
• Degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent
• 8 – 10 years of accounting / management experience coaching teams
• Strong leadership skills with proven ability to facilitate cross-functional
• Proven ability to operate effectively in ambiguous situations
• Business Analyst certified or equivalent experience
• Strong understanding/expertise in ERP system usability
• Strong business and functional expertise in the areas of:
Financial accounting, General Ledger functions, Intercompany accounting and account reconciliations, Fixed Assets and projects, Cost and inventory accounting, Monthly close processes, financial consolidations, financial analytics, and revenue recognition and deferred revenue
• Experience with SOX & GDPR compliance frameworks, evidence collection, audit cycles, and engagement with auditors
• Experience with the order to cash, procure to pay processes and record to report in a software or technology company is an asset
• Should have good understanding of finance business processes, ability to prioritize, organize, and accomplish multiple tasks, both as part of a team and independently
• Proven project management skills. Ability to develop value-based business cases along with our business partner, document detailed process flows, and define gaps
• Should be able to write detail business requirements in order to translate into functional design
• Evaluate current state processes and identify opportunities for process improvement.
Positive, collaborative and solution-oriented attitude
• Strong English communication and inter-personal skills
• Strong documentation skills using common Microsoft technologies (Business case, use cases, process flows, etc.)
• Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
• Experience in production support is an asset
• A high standard for work ethic and quality is required
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.