Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
The Lead Variable Compensation Analyst is a key position within the Variable Compensation Team supporting Financial and Plan Performance review responsibilities; which include but are not limited to creation and presentation of executive level presentations, partnering with various stakeholders to provide finance-based analytics for creation of new plan metrics, reporting, complex data analysis, budgeting and forecasting
You are great at:
• To gain a clear and complete understanding of the Variable Compensation plans OpenText offers including all metrics measured and plan design intentions for performance
• Business process knowledge of how to effectively and efficiently set up new plans regarding analysis, presentations, costing
• Procurement of and the ability to distill significant amounts of complex financial and plan performance data sets into actionable insights for the Variable Compensation (VC) team, the VC Centre of Excellence and senior management/executives
• Supports accruals and payment calculations processes by performing a monthly review of various sources of financial information for plan inputs
• Performs analysis of significant variances to forecast and budget during the monthly close processes
• Ability to link financial information with business goals and make recommendations on how to achieve those goals
• Create and present executive level presentations, and offer recommendations to senior management and executives based on your analysis and project work
• Business acumen and relationship building with other key Finance and Operations teams; working to develop a clear understanding of business issues; and working in partnership to suggest guidelines and processes for resolution
• Supports the creation and maintenance of VC expense forecasting processes
• Performing ad hoc analytics as requested
What it takes:
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in a data analysis, business analysis or similar role
• Ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors and peers.
• Demonstrated ability to present ideas logically and concisely to diverse audiences at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing.
• Advanced skills and experience in financial modeling and statistical analysis.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data, and to identify relevant issues in solving business problems.
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills are critical. This role requires a highly analytical mindset and a keen sense of business drivers.
• Attention to detail and accuracy will be paramount to success.
• Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including business analysis tools for data management, research, analysis and reporting purposes.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or another related quantitative discipline. Advanced degree desirable.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.