Function: Cloud Services
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
The Lead Technology Architect is responsible for contributing to Cloud architecture standards and foundational guidance for the OpenText Cloud. Solutions are derived not only from OpenText Infrastructure but also OpenText Public Cloud partners to produce the best of breed solutions and strengthen the OpenText Cloud brand. This role is for highly technical and experienced architects possessing demonstrable capability in operating and designing Cloud first standards and solutions.
The ideal candidate is a senior technical leader with experience in Cloud first design. You understand both application and infrastructure requirements and can solution to meet in the middle. You will consider fiscal and operational impact in strategic decisions. Clear, concise messaging and communication are required in messaging strategy to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
The role collaborates throughout sales, product engineering, operations, customer service and professional services organizations to ingest requirements and set strategy that achieves OpenText global goals. This is a very visible role where decisions may be challenged and a successful candidate will be able to inspire, defend, influence and persevere.
The role will work under the Cloud Service Delivery PMO in a tactical, agile and efficient manner to achieve both broad and prescriptive goals. This position requires strong leadership, excellent communication, attention to detail and a willingness to go “hands-on” to demonstrate. The candidate will be flexible and comfortable in working on both small- and large-scale initiatives while balancing priority and setting expectation.
You are great at:
• Conveying Hybrid Cloud strategy and best practices based upon experience.
• Communication - listening and being heard to promote acceptance of strategy
• Managing vendor relationships to stay informed of roadmap deliverables
• Willing to teach and inspire innovation rather than tell what to do.
• Providing insightful analyses on the efficiency, quality and economics of Cloud Operations based on empirical data
• Developing standards and high-level architecture designs
• Recommending and acting to direct the analysis of and solution to problems
• Providing visibility to impediments/risks and helps eliminate them
What it takes:
• 10+ years of industry experience for a global, high-tech environment, with at least 5 years in a technical leadership role.
• 3+ years solutioning and architecting in global public cloud environments (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure).
• Public Cloud Certifications highly preferred.
• Results-oriented, agile, iterative work and thought process
• Passion for winning in the Cloud business / industry
• Desire to not only learn, but to teach and inspire innovation
• Ability to work across multiple silos within the organization toward successful outcomes, including an ability to address complex situations into actionable plans
• Strong ability to interpret data quickly and communicate to stakeholders
• Flexible and adaptable to time sensitive situations and work in a high-pressure environment
• Strong business acumen and proficiency in financial and resource management
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.