Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
The Lead Financial Analyst, FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis), is responsible for providing direct support to the FP&A organization, being a key financial partner and adding value to the business.
This position has solid line reporting to the Director of FP&A, and the individual will be a financial advisor and act as a key interface with the Cloud Services Delivery team. The position requires an individual with a high degree of autonomy, a broad understanding of the business and a solid financial acumen. Strong communication skills and the ability to prioritize input from multiple sources are a must.
You are great at:
• Business partnership with Cloud Operations in support of their team’s initiatives
• Growing/developing reporting and analysis to evaluate the performance of the company’s cloud business
• Serving as a Subject Matter Expert for understanding and evaluating cloud spending including hosting, colocation, telecom and equipment expenditures
• Liaising with various organizations including Cloud Services, Revenue Operations, Finance and Human Resources
• Building relationships with leaders to build improved processes for financial analysis and metrics
• Understanding and explaining variance drivers within the business unit
• Performing ad hoc analysis as requested.
What it takes:
• 8+ years of finance experience
• Experience or familiarity supporting a cloud organization is strongly preferred
• High tech, Internet or Computer industry experience preferred
• Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and minimize financial risks
• Proven capability in financial and accounting procedures, such as budgets, or P&L statements
• Self-starter working under minimal supervision with cross functional teams to drive stated goals
• Expert skills in using tools necessary to build dynamic modeling
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels within company, including Senior Management
• Experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: SAP, OLAP, Business Objects, other data extraction tools), proficiency in Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation, including pivot tables, v-lookup & Macros
• Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables and execute tasks with short lead times
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.