Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
OpenText is looking for a Lead IT Business Analyst for the Center of Excellence within the IT organization. This individual will take charge of a project and deliver results that will make the organization more profitable. Can work on multiple projects simultaneously and translate business data into digestible information that improves corporate processes. To be successful, the Lead IT Business Analyst’s focus will be on process design, process reengineering, business requirements, gap analysis, data flows and provide internal ticket triage support for the business.
You are great at:
The successful candidate will be part of an SAP ERP CoE team and have the following responsibilities:
• Work closely with broad user groups to coordinate and complete Operational Excellence activities to support sponsored projects and enhancements by
? Documenting and developing current state process flows
? Determine and document business requirements for business processes and ensure they don’t conflict with the requirements for future projects
? Preparing Gap Analysis
? Documenting and developing future state process flows
? Participate in the discussions of the functional spec & technical design
? Coordinate the IT executive review of the proposed design & obtain sign off
? Coordinate the business review of the proposed design & obtain sign off
? Develop comprehensive E2E test cases and steps that will be loaded into HPALM
? Manage & triage defects assigned during testing
? Obtain sign off from the business for go live
? Prepare communications out to the business for the change impacts
? Prepare user training documentation for new functionality if required
? Document & coordinate the deployment plan
• Hold regular stakeholder meetings to keep all interested parties updated in project progress
• Provide support to business users on systems issues, escalating to Manager, CoE or an IT development/technical team as appropriate
• Lead Super User Group meetings with the business on a bi weekly schedule. Ensuring benefits to its members while also ensuring the group maintains a high visibility in the business community with supporting SAP and other business systems as needed.
• Provide period end support to finance users as required, tickets, escalations, solutions.
• Create and build Operational Excellence Culture through inclusion, engagement, communication and celebration
• Use active listening and discussion skills to identify issues, ensure understanding and facilitate problem-solving
• Match different influence strategies and negotiating styles to fit the person or situation
• Provide development opportunities and support to maximize Operational Excellence orientation across the organization
• Collaborate with others to generate appropriate Operational Excellence deployment plan with organizational measures of success.
• Act as communication liaison between IT team and other pillars and functional areas.
• Involve and coach business leaders in preparing for and sustaining change
• Be a change champion within the site and network by prompting questions and promoting team-based behavior
• Using applications such as SAP, SalesForce, Assure, ITSM, Siebel, ChangePoint, Open Air, ServiceNow, VIM, Winshuttle, HPALM.
What it takes:
The successful candidate will have the following Core Requirements:
• 8+ years of professional/technical experience – prior experience and in-depth knowledge of SAP
• BA certified or equivalent experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business / accounting
• Strong experience in user testing and project management
• Experience with the order to cash, procure to pay processes and record to report in a software or technology company is an asset
• Should have good understanding of finance business processes, ability to prioritize, organize, and accomplish multiple tasks, both as part of a team and independently
• Proven project management skills. Ability to develop value-based business cases along with our business partner, document detailed process flows, and define gaps
• Should be able to write detail business requirements in order to translate into functional design
• Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.