Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Data & Technical Lead, Variable Compensation will oversee the technical & data needs of the VC team to ensure the accurate, efficient and customer focused delivery of variable compensation payments, statements as well as data mining, analysis and management reporting. Reporting to the Director, Variable Compensation, the incumbent will consult with the team, vendor(s) and internal partners to ensure automation of data feeds (BI, SQL); accuracy of payment and accrual calculations; addition of new products, companies and sales plans; and, accurate and timely reporting (SQL & advanced Excel use). In addition, the Data & Technical Lead will provide training on existing and new technologies. The Data & Technical Lead will contribute to the overall team success by participating in the High-Performance Team model (HPT).
You are great at:
• Utilize your deep knowledge of systems and data to create analytical reports to assist in management decision making on issues such as plan performance, accrual accuracy and plan demographics.
• Completes analysis on new and changes to variable compensation plans, ensuring compliance with vendor system capabilities. Updates system formulas, plan document and report templates, customizing to meet customer needs. This may include full or partial project management of these initiatives.
• Manages system Quality Assurance by developing test plans, test cases and overseeing testing activities.
• Leads or represents VC on projects providing guidance on system issues, upcoming changes, data feeds and analytics.
• Works closely with the vendor to understand and influence upcoming releases and to ensure resolution to reported issues.
• Consults with team members on system issues and provides training & support on upcoming system changes.
• Provide Systems & Data Support to other areas within Finance as required.
What it takes:
• Love of all things data, with the ability to take large amounts of disjointed data and amalgamate into critical business information & reporting
• Working technical knowledge of BI interfaces, SQL queries, complex formulas in Excel
• Working knowledge of business analysis methodologies, IT quality assurance and project management.
• 5 years of Business Analysis/Quality Assurance experience with systems
• Experience with systems implementations – or large-scale projects which include quality assurance audits
• Experience in these an asset: Xactly or any compensation system, SAP, salesforce.com
• Excellent communications skills (verbal, written and presentation), experienced at Senior levels and across functional areas with technical data
• Experience working with sensitive and/or confidential information
• Ability to create and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Self-driven & organized, an ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.