Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now
Reporting to the Director, Risk, Compliance and Projects, you will work together with the various business lines to identify and plan to reduce the Company’s overall risk exposure through implementing, sustaining, and supporting the OpenText Corporate Business Continuity Program. As a result, this position requires specific knowledge of Business Continuity Planning. The role will require you to communicate with stakeholders delivering consistent, quality Business Continuity expertise in support of the Company. The position requires flexibility and agility as there are a variety of response and recovery facilitation and coordination activities required of this role related to business continuity that will be assigned and requires overtime as necessary.
You are great at:
• Gaining an understanding of our key products and services to inform our business continuity program.
• Facilitating and enhancing the organization’s global Business Continuity Corporate Program
• Ensuring the business continuity program supports all critical products and services
• Coordination of the Business Continuity Team response to incidents and events from planning through to recovery.
• Developing, facilitating and communicating enterprise–wide event BCP testing and exercises
• Maintaining and enhancing corporate BCP policy, standards and guidelines
• Guiding and supporting staff with responsibilities for Business Continuity to ensure their business continuity processes are in alignment with the organization’s business continuity management program and quality standards
• Providing BCP and Emergency training for global BCP needs
• Interfacing with IT and facilitating yearly Corporate-wide Business Impact Analysis and communicating with IT regarding IT DR requirements including monitoring of DR testing
• Understanding externally imposed regulations and standards, and address them through BCP-related initiatives and Business Continuity compliance services
• Mitigating corporate loss in an emergency and to oversee a planned recovery after a disaster
• Integrating acquisitions into the BCP program as needed
• Interacting with our customer-facing associates to assess external business continuity customer compliance needs and translating them into internal compliance plans
• Assisting in defining and building an enterprise risk assessment methodology and process
What it takes:
• Business Continuity experience
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of international BCM standards such as DRII or ISO
• A related designation such as CBCP (if does not have one, should expect to pursue)
• 5+ years minimum overall related experience
• Good facilitation, and presentation skills
• Ability to produce executive level reports
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Works with a sense of professional curiosity and skepticism
• Ability to maintain confidentiality surrounding items of a confidential/sensitive nature
Please note that up to 20% travel may be required for this role.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.