Function: Cloud Services
Location: US, Virtual- WesternApply Now
The Project Manager is responsible for managing and executing on multiple aspects of specific client matters, from project setup to collection of the final bill. This position reports directly to a Manager, Client Services within the department and requires flexibility to work nights and weekends. The Professional Services Department primarily provides professional consulting services to the enterprise and law firms. It coordinates document review, production, advanced search and analytics using OpenText applications.
You are great at:
● Work effectively in a team environment with both members of the Professional Services department and other departments within the company as well as external teams such as managed review providers, law firms and corporate litigation departments.
● Responsible for managing all aspects of specific client matters, from assisting with initial proposal to collection of the final invoices and consulting and strategizing with clients and potential clients on best ways to meet the objectives of the case team or end client.
● Create project plans defining scope of work including lists of deliverables and deadlines, scheduling, resource allocation, reporting, budgets, and revenue projections and execute on these plans both directly and through the leadership of others.
● Apply analytical skills and leverage existing methodologies to various client situations and practice disciplines to meet shifting client needs.
● Perform hosting activities necessary to prepare data for attorney review, including user and case administration, processing and loading documents, performing searches, and index management.
● Prepare data productions including conversion to Tiff or Pdf, branding, native productions, exporting documents, and load file generation.
● Identify opportunities for increased operational efficiency and leverage technical skills to create and implement resulting solutions.
● Perform technical tasks such as writing custom SQL scripts and stored procedures; analyze, code and test modules (both new and changes to existing programs) from design specifications; and share tools with others in the department.
What it takes:
● Five or more years of experience with a service or consulting firm directly supporting the litigation needs of corporations or law firms.
● Working knowledge of litigation lifecycle, EDRM, litigation document review and workflows, complex searches related to litigation, Technology Assisted Review and Continuous Active Learning.
● Ability to demonstrate technical concepts to individuals with varying degrees of technological skills.
● Strong communication, presentation and writing skills.
● Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, with a technical degree preferred.
● Technical undergraduate and/or advanced degree preferred (JD, MS, MBA).
● Technical skills such as SQL, programming, writing scripts or mathematics.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.