Location: US, VirtualApply Now
The Courseware Development team produces learning content for various audiences, enabling our internal and external customers to be successful with OpenText solutions. We particularly support the OpenText Learning Services delivery teams to achieve revenue goals as well as support the enablement goals of the department.
In this position, you will work in an enthusiastic team creating high quality, technical learning content in a variety of formats purposed for various audiences (end-user through developer), for a wide range of OpenText products and solutions. We develop conventional course manuals (for instructor-led training), distance learning, and eLearning (including video and simulation) that may include student books, instructor presentation materials, learning aids, online learning content, certification exam questions, and other products and materials as required. This position operates in a very dynamic environment with regular addition of newly supported products and solutions as well as updates to existing learning content based on varying product release schedules. This position may be staffed from a virtual office and requires minimal travel.
You are great at:
• plan, design and create new courses in various learning content formats (conventional manuals, eLearning, video, simulation, and distance learning) as the demand arises
• update existing courseware and determine what changes are required when new product and solution versions are released, including the research and testing of new product functionality
• manage each course update or new course as a project, meeting deadlines and milestones along the way
• work as a subject matter expert in your specializations (products and/or solutions) to assist others on the team just as you will be supported by them
• review and test peer learning content
• deliver training to OpenText employees, customers, and partners in your area of expertise as well as train the trainer as required, including annual user conference
• work with and create VMWare images
• communicate effectively with the Director of Courseware Development to provide feedback on projects, schedule, priorities, and other position responsibilities
• other duties as assigned
What it takes:
• excellent technical, English grammar, technical writing, and communication skills. This position requires the applicant to learn and to adapt very quickly to new products, solutions, and technologies and then to communicate the concepts effectively.
• expertise with OpenText products and solutions, particularly OpenText ECM products (Content Server, eDOCS DM/RM, Documentum) are a strong asset as well as experience/expertise with Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Windows (client and server)/UNIX operating systems, and VMWare
• programming skills are as asset (C# and Java) as well as a good comfort level with Eclipse and/or Visual Studio
• experience with various authoring applications including Microsoft Office applications (focus on Word and PowerPoint), Adobe FrameMaker, XML authoring environments, and eLearning development tools (Adobe Captivate, HTML5, among others)
• formal courseware development training or equivalent experience is an asset (e.g. Friesen-Kaye or Langevin)
• preferably a degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, Programming or a related field such as Adult Learning with three or more years of courseware and/or eLearning experience authoring technical curriculum aimed at consultants, administrators and/or developers
• experience in instructor-led training an asset as this may be required from time to time
• strong ability to work independently and with other team members on joint development projects
• project management skills when dealing with each update or new course as a project along with deadlines, milestones, and possible obstacles
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.