Location: US, VirtualApply Now
Reporting to a Manager of Professional Services, you are expected to bring experience in the Cyber-security, Risk Management, Compliance & Digital Forensics industry. You will be expected to perform daily tasks associated with consultative risk assessments. As an Associate Consultant, you are responsible for augmenting and strengthening your personal forensic and cyber security skill sets, as well as helping develop the skills of the entire Security Services team.
You are great at:
• Assist in developing, documenting, and refining necessary procedures to accomplish consultative cyber-security assessment requirements.
• Business problem-solving skills and judgment necessary to analyze, troubleshoot, and problem-solve issues and provide proposed solutions.
• Support efforts to integrate assessment procedures using the EnCase product line: EnCase Endpoint Security, eDiscovery, Endpoint Investigator, Mobile Investigator, Risk Manager.
• Support efforts between various customers to complete computer forensic matters and cyber incidents.
• Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager to better the Professional Services practice.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects with similar deadlines.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with direct management, team, internal and external clients.
• QC/QA of finished work product.
• Attend training's to further career and keep up to date with industry trends.
• Willingness to acquire industry standard certifications (CISM, CISSP, CISA).
• Ability to travel (up to 50%).
What it takes:
• Must be self-motivated, yet willing to work in a team environment
• 2+ years industry experience (Audit, Compliance, Risk Management)
• Experience with IT control best practices such as NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, CIS Cyber Security controls, and Cobit.
• Creative problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• A keen level of attention to detail
• Proven ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
• Must be experienced with designing and maintaining spreadsheets
• Working knowledge of Windows operating system
• Working knowledge of
• Demonstrated ability to provide customer service and support to internal and external contacts
• All employees are required to satisfactorily complete a background check
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.